feather duster question

suzi1780

okay so I just got two feather duster from saltwaterfish.com and I am acclimating them right now but after they are done where should i place them in my tank? in the sand? on some live rocks? where? thanks!

alyssia

Originally Posted by OMGsaltwat
what kind of lighting do they need?

They don't need any special lighting

suzi1780

okay so far so good i did touch them... not to bad but man when they jump and pull in their head it makes me leap about 5 feet into the air

grumpygils

Originally Posted by suzi1780
okay so I just got two feather duster from saltwaterfish.com and I am acclimating them right now but after they are done where should i place them in my tank? in the sand? on some live rocks? where? thanks!
I have alot of them and my best looking ones are in the live rock crevices where they are pointing straight up but there base can touch the sand. They look like palm tress. I like that look better then horizonal.
Mc

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by fishisfun7
What sort of salinity do they need and do they add to the bio load at all?
They will tolerate any salinity from 1.022 - 1.028 really, just do not adjust this number more than 0.002 in a 24 hour period. As long as you have live rock/sand they don't need to fed either. Actually, doing so can be detrimental to your water quality if you have no other filter feeders.
Make sure you place the dusters where you want them. After a short while they will permanently attach themselves to the rockwork and you will not be able to remove them without harming or killing them.
ps - every living thing in your tank adds to the bioload. However, the feather dusters impact will be very very minimal.