Feather Duster recessed for days

fishychick

My feather duster has been drawn in for days and I am wondering if it is okay. It is about two weeks old. When I first got it, I put it in the sand and kind of pushed up some live sand/crushed coral around it near my lr. It looked like one of the smaller pieces f lr held it there. When I noticed it had been withdrawn for a few days, I moved it upwards to a different piece of lr closer to my lighting. Still no cap, but the worm feels solid within the tube. I just dosed some photoplanton over it, nothing still. :help: :help: :help:

bozfamily

it might not like where you put him they dont like direct light IMO you can place him where you like him but dont stick him there if that makes since :notsure: ive been through the same prob once i moved mine and let him plant itself ive had no more problems.

alyssia

Originally Posted by bozfamily
it might not like where you put him they dont like direct light IMO you can place him where you like him but dont stick him there if that makes since :notsure: ive been through the same prob once i moved mine and let him plant itself ive had no more problems.

I have all of mine in direct light and they are fine. Can you feel the worm "jump" when you feel the tube?

bozfamily

Mine hate it if i move them into the light so you can see them better they never come out and if they do its only partly if i leave them in the shadows there happy but everyones tanks are different.

fishychick

Originally Posted by alyssia
I have all of mine in direct light and they are fine. Can you feel the worm "jump" when you feel the tube?
I don't think I can feel it move as quickly as when I first got it.... I moved it down low and just pushed some sand over its tube. Still not open :notsure:

mudplayerx

Something is wrong if your feather duster has been closed for so long. Are you sure it is alive? What are your water parameters?

hrlygma

I have three featherdusters, all in full light. They only pull in when I walk by. One did exit his tube and move across the tank to a spot with even more light, rolled around and made another tube. Is there too heavy of a rock on it?

fishychick

I checked my water parameters
ammonia -0
trites - 0
trates - 10
ph - 8.2
phosphates - .7
calcium - 630 (I think) this is a new test for me. I could use some help here BTW, what exactly is true blue????
salinity is 1.023
I moved it away from the rock and now I am going to feel the tube to see if it feels empty... :help: