Feather Duster

bigspanknasty

I have two feather dusters in my tank. I left this morning and they were fine, but when i got home one of them has lost its feathers ( the feathers were just floating around the tank ). I dont mean to sound stupid but i dont know if its dead, they shed, or one of my fish did it. I need some help.

john,jr

Originally Posted by bigspanknasty
http:///forum/post/2624014
I have two feather dusters in my tank. I left this morning and they were fine, but when i got home one of them has lost its feathers ( the feathers were just floating around the tank ). I dont mean to sound stupid but i dont know if its dead, they shed, or one of my fish did it. I need some help.
All is well. They shead their head from time to time. It will come back in about 3 weeks.

earlybird

Sometimes they drop their crown. I don't know why but it happens. One of mine did it in the past and suprisingly grew them back within a month and was fine. Just leave it be and see what happens. Chances are it will be fine.

mr.m

Sometimes when thay get spooked thay will ditch there top to save the worm in the tube it should grow back just leave it alone for a week and watch.
Mark