Feather Dusters???????

kiharaconn

I bid on some feather dusters on ---- and won. they were shipped monday and were suppose to arrive wed. I called the post office this am and they said they "might" come in tomorrow. The storm delayed the mail. Do you think there is any chance that they will be alive. I've emailed the dealer several times with no answer. What are my chances????

montidanae

how much where they? feather dusters a fairly cheap, but if you paid the overnight shiping, $30 then i would eb worried, but their hardy.

kiharaconn

I paid $7 each for 2 of them and then like $26 for shipping. I know now that I could have gotten them cheaper but I got excited when I saw them and bid. They are purple Hawaiin dusters. I'll call the post office in the morning hoping that they are there and still alive.

crazy4reefs

besides the stress i would be worried about the water temp. but if they were packaged right you just might be luckly, good luck :nervous:

crazy4reefs

oh also purple featherduster sounds very cool ! i dont believe i have ever seen one.. if they make it please post pictures when they open up.. :joy:

T

tizzo

Without a doubt, ask for a shipping refund!! My hubby orders through the mail all the time, and if it isn't on time he gets a refund on the shipping. Not from the vendor, but from the delivery co, like Fed-ex, ups etc... Let us know what happened!!

kiharaconn

I finally got through to the Post office this afternoon. They looked it up and said it was suppose to be delivered on wed. The storm delayed all the mail. But its not there yet. So I'll call in the morning and hope that it is there. Hopefully it survived. Thanks for all the encourgement.

joker_ca

i have some firends that went away for labor day, their heater stopped working, when they came back after 6 days they lost most of their fish and found the crowns of the feather dusters in the sump prefilter but a couple days ago 2 or 5 of the feather dusters have got their crown back....so when you get yours you might have a chance that their still alive
good luck

kiharaconn

Well the dusters finally showed up yesterday after 10 days and were alive - barely but alive. I had brought an air pump to work with me and let that run all day until I could get home. I put them in the tank and they were moving but slow. I went to a friends home to help her and when I got home a crab had eaten one. So he came out and the other duster is still alive. He still has his crown and is moving alittle faster but not as quick as he should. Hopefully he will make it through after all. The crab is going though. He will be put in my friends big tank. Hope he's happy there!!

kiharaconn

It was one of the ones with red legs. He dropped his leg bands though. I was looking in the tank the other night and all these little red things were on the sand. At first I thought he lost his legs but then saw him walking around. When I got home last night one duster was gone and he was on the other one. I pulled him off and put him in a cup to take to a friends house. The duster put his feathers back out a few minutes later so I knew he was still alive. And this morning he came back out when I turned the light on to see if he was ok. So hopefully when I go home he will be doing ok.

crazy4reefs

i am glad to hear that they made it, it sucks that your crab ate the other one. when you said it was gone do you mean the tube its in or just its crown.. sometimes they try to re locate if they are not happy. hopefully your other will make it.. dont forget to show pictures when you can ..:yes: