Feather Dusters

warlockgp

Can they move on their own?
Mine was up on a rock and now it's on the sand. I know one of the fish might have knocked it over, that's what i thought. But today it was in one place in the sand when i was near the tank, i looked up and then it was in a different position............
Help please................
Also can you ID what's on my other thread???

S

slofish

yeah, the worm inside the tube can come out and move, but thats usually a bad sign if your tube worm featherduster isnt in its tube. As for the tube itself, it shouldnt move anywhere

warlockgp

The worm didn't move, the whole tube did, it's on the sand. (Not where it was before).
Should i leave it in the sand or put it up on a rock?

warlockgp

Originally posted by warlockgp
Stupid but............
It's their foot the end of the tube or the shell looking thing in the middle of it?

Yah the worm still in the tube, but which is the FOOT?

karenjo

The foot I believe is the part opposite of the feathers. My feather duster hasn't moved in a year. HTH:D

gypsie32

Just curious what is the most interesting color of feathers you have seen on a Feather Duster? I currently have the basic brown and a red and white.

N

newbienz

Currently the colors of feather dusters I have are:
White w/ black dots
Green
Brown and White
Black and White
White and Red
Red and Yellow
There are plenty of other colors out there IMO, but its just finding them.

krazykarel

Warlock the shell thing in the middle was somehow attached....the "foot" is at the opposite end of the main feathers. At one time your feather duster broke off into two. The other one is attached to one of the live rock pieces :)

warlockgp

It was kind of in under the water outlet from the return sump, i moved it right underneat behind the outlet where there isn't much water flow. Hope that works..........

warlockgp

Originally posted by krazykarel
I just have a "feeling"

You are freaking me out man.......................
How come you don't come online no more?