Featherduster?

yunabug

This is so cool, whatever it is!
I honestly don't expect it to survive, since my tank was just set up yesterday. But I was just suprised to find it!

It looks kinda like a baby featherduster? Maybe?
And if it is, it probably won't survive, right?

yunabug

OMG! This is exciting!
For real it will survive? This was the first full day of the cycle. And I have to do a little adjusting with my salinity.
I would be thrilled it it survived though! It's so cute, and my first hitch hiker!

cranberry

Oh, your cycling... it could survive as long as your parameters don't go to toxic levels. But lots survive as hitchhikers.

yunabug

It would be great if he survived ^^ But I don't think he will. The picture is kinda decieving. Full length including the crown, he's only about slightly larger than my pinky nail.

cranberry

Ya, they are small. The one you see in my pic is the same type and made it through a cycle.
It's the big fanworms that have poor outcomes, not the small little hitchhikers like you and I have. They have endured a lot of abuse so far to make it alive in your tank.

nigerbang

I wish I could get rid of mine....lol I have about 10,000...Been looking for a fish that will eat them..

yunabug

Ya. Mine has been through alot XD The rock was out of water, wrapped up in wet newspaper for about 2 hours.
But he's a little trooper XD I have faith in him!
*feels like a dork for liking him so much*