Fedukeford's 125 reef diary!

fedukeford

Heres some more pics I just took:
Cali Tort (A. Tortuosa)

Silver Bullet Bonzai (Acapora sp.
)

Xenia cave and red shroom

Random shot

My SPS rock with German blue montipora, silver bullet bonzai, and a couple other small SPS

fedukeford

The sixline is back out of the overflow... one of these times its gonna get stuck and die.
Ill post some pics this weekend.
Feduke

fedukeford

Ive had some bad problems with hair algea, so once i get it under controll ill post some pics, oh I also got a nice blue/purple crocea clam.
Feduke

fedukeford

Finally got some updated pics (havent taken care of the hair algea problem yet, im pretty sure its my bulbs)
left

center

right

fedukeford

New crocea clam (its a lighter blue than it is in the pic)

Bubble

Poccilipora and cali tort

Frogspawn and hammer

fedukeford

I seriously have no clue, and im not really sure i want to know. I got about 1/3 of it from my 55, and have probably spent around $300 on the rest of it.
Feduke

fedukeford

My dad is putting in an order right now from SWF.com for: female blue throat trigger, sand sifting cukeumber, 10 zebra hermits, serpent star, 1 green ric, 1 umbrella mushroom, and 3 emerald crabs!
I lost a Green chromis a couple days ago, still havent figured out what happend. While it was dieing it almost looked like it had red burn marks on its side, and it was swimming pretty lazily getting pushed around by the current, any ideas?
Feduke

fedukeford

Well I guess they didn't have a blue throat trigger in stock so we got a small blue hippo tang. I'll post tons of updated pics as soon as the order gets here.
Feduke

toggil

Tank looks good feduke, I don't know if you remember, we talked a few months ago about me starting a tank. Those plans got delayed cause I ended up having to buy a new car, from feduke ford oddly enough. Hopefully my plan now is to get started sometime in June. Where did you buy your tanks from? I want a 55 gallon reef ready. Also if you have any equipment you're not using that's in good shape I might be interested in buying it off you. You can either reply to this or email me at toggil@yahoo.com, thanks.

fedukeford

Originally Posted by Toggil
Tank looks good feduke, I don't know if you remember, we talked a few months ago about me starting a tank. Those plans got delayed cause I ended up having to buy a new car, from feduke ford oddly enough. Hopefully my plan now is to get started sometime in June. Where did you buy your tanks from? I want a 55 gallon reef ready. Also if you have any equipment you're not using that's in good shape I might be interested in buying it off you. You can either reply to this or email me at toggil@yahoo.com, thanks.
Thanks, im gonna try to get some updated pics up soon. I got my main tank from Natures Best Fish on Rt. 26, near Vestal highschool. I had the 40 gallon sump/fuge built by Nate Rogers, you can contact him by going to reef central, and either finding him in the Upstate Reef Socitey, or in the Southern Tier Reef Society. I dont really have too much extra equipment, all I really have is a 10 gallon, mabey a couple small heaters, and once we drain it a undrilled 55 gallon, with metal stand and regular florescent strip light.
Feduke

toggil

Thanks I'll check there and creature comforts to see who has the best price. I don't think I'll have any trouble getting the sump together once I figure out what size will fit under my DT. Once I get closer to setting it up I know I'll have a bunch of questions about lights and skimmers and RO/DI units, so you'll be hearing from me lol.

fedukeford

jeez its been a LONGGG time since ive updated this thread... ill take some new pics tonight if i get a chance...
right now my fish stock is:
Blue tang
4 greem chromis
bicolor blenny
true percula
male lyretail anthias
ive added tons of new coral, and everything has grown a ton
the corals colors are amazing now after switching to some reeflux 12k
jordan