Feed

jden092901

What kind of feed should I use for a clown? I'm going to feed my tank to help with the cycle...how much feed should I use and how many times pr day? I have cichlid flake food, you cant use that on salt can you...
Josh

1journeyman

A variety of meaty frozen foods. Mysis shrimp are a great staple.
Ditch the freshwater food, and flake food in general.

rudedog40

You say your tank is still cycling? If so, I don't think I'd put a clown in it yet. Not a hardy enough fish to handle a large ammonia or nitrate spike.

jden092901

O im not yet. Im waiting for the tank to cycle. What kind of fish would help the break in? I saw some little damsels for only 3 bucks at *****?
Josh

srfisher17

Originally Posted by jden092901
O im not yet. Im waiting for the tank to cycle. What kind of fish would help the break in? I saw some little damsels for only 3 bucks at *****?
Josh
A dead raw shrimp from the supermarket works as well as a damsel. Search this site and you'll find countless posts of people trying to get rid of damsels.(While you're at it, do a search on fish from *****) When you get your clown, they also need a little vegi-matter once in a while.

wiluven

I'm new but you don't need to 'break in' the tank .. once it's finished it's cycle and all the levels are ideal - you can put in whatever you want (as long as it doesn't require something you don't have... tank bigger than what you have, etc)