Feeding a anemone

jimlssc24

I recently bought a anemone and bought some krill to feed him. It has beeen have to feed him all those little pieces krill. What does everybody else feed there anemones. My anemone is a green carpet anemone.
Thanks Jim

M

mr.bubble

I feed mine choped squid. also my clown feeds him ???????. it seems to like it though.

accurate

I have a carpet and some condes too.. I feed them uncooked shrimp. I have fed cocktails but I think it would be better to feed shrimp that has not been cooked.. Enjoy watching them..

neofish

I've had this same question, not just what to feed but how to feed? And how often
I usually buy a few shrimp from the grocery store, cut them up in small pieces and froze them. I usually give him 1 small piece, about once each week. I just try to drop it down around the area of his mouth. Usually I find the piece of shrimp in the filter after a few hours. Sometimes it disappears. But I've never actually witnessed the anemone eat the shrimp.
I also feed krill twice a week to the fish in my tank. I suppose the anemone may get a few of them
I've had him about a month and he seems to be doing well.
I have had 1 Blenny that has completely dissappeared. Maybe he's eating better than I think.

M

mr.bubble

I feed the anem by taking some twezers nd picking up some krill, squid, shrimp, etc, and putting it ino itd mouth. i always laugh when i am feeding shrimp and my shrimp (cleaner) come up and take the shrimp out of its mouth and start eating it.

H

happy hopper

i have a 12 inch carpit i feed it one zipper back shrimp once a week its doing great