Feeding a Niger

moraym

Frozen brine works the best for my friend, but i think they eat quite a bit of different foods.

nac1h2o

Ocean Nutrition also makes shark formula - my trigger heavy tank - goes ape poo over the stuff.
Andrew/ Armageddon's Icon is really a picture of his clown trigger at feeding time - I have one and nothing, finger tips included, is off limits.
-J

P

puffygrrl

Triggers, like most aggressive fish, will do best with a wide variety of meaty foods. For my Humu (and once Niger) along with my Lunare, Passer Angel and Sharpnose Puffer I have my freezer stocked - Krill, large and small silversides, clams, squid, plankton, angel/trigger formula, formula VHP, beef hearts, Prime Reef, mysis, brine, and spirulina. In addition I put seaweed in once a week, which everyone including the puffer and trigger gobble down within a day. Once a month I get two raw littleneck clams and two raw mussles from the grocery store - crack them open and watch the frenzy. I also will do a 1oz portion of live brine once a month.
I have the fattest, healthiest (is that an oxymoron?) fishies :) Upon first addition of my Sharpnose, he took a large bite out of the gill area of my Passer (look really bad and fleshy)...within a week you could tell anything had happened. Not to mention, I run ZERO nitrates in my tank even with feeding twice a day - I do stock the tank once a month with various hermits and snails, urchins and starfish to serve as clean up and live food :)