feeding a sallylightfoot

nykid

I have a 55 gallon tank with some live and base rock. For most of the day my sallylightfoot crab hides in the rocks. He does not come out very often. I am concerned if he is getting enough to eat. The person at the LFS told me not to feed it, that the crab is a scavenger and will find food on its own. I have also read that you should feed it a small peice of uncooked shrimp, and if the crab gets hungry he will go after my snails. Should I feed the crab so it won't attack my snails? I am currently feeding my fish Formula 1 and 2 flakes with some pellets and seaweed select on a clip.

drakken

Feed frozen mysis shrimp once in a while and some will find it's way to where the sallylightfoot will find it. They also eat hair algaes so as long as you have a good amount of LR then you should be fine.

denniss

I have had my for about three months and loves frozen brine shrimp.I feed it with a turkey baster.Its fun to watch because they are so very fast at grabbing the shrimp.

saltfin

Sallies are really neat. I never did anything special. Sometimes I'd drip in mysis shrimp with tank water mix and formula 1. Believe me he'd come runnin. He molted 4 times and we always got to save the skeletons aside to watch him grow. I'ts fun to watch them jump out at passerbys to say BOO.

harlequin

I wouldnt target feed it. They are scavengers and extremely good ones at that. Any leftover food in the water and algae they find will be eaten and serve as primary food source.
Definately my favorite type of crab :)