feeding anemones

zanoshano

i feed my anenomes krill sometimes by hand feeding it. I hold the krill on the mouth of the anenome, and after a few seconds, it grasps it and eats it. Thats just my way of doing it, there are a few others.

annnes

I have heard that they are scavengers and will mostly be self sufficient is there any truth to that

T

thomas712

Originally posted by annnes
What and how do you feed anemones?

Lights, usually the more the better. They are photosynthetic animals and must have lighting to survive. They get there energy from the photosynthisis that takes place in the zooxanthellae within there bodies.
Oh you can also feed it meaty foods as others are suggesting, but without the proper lighting, (at least with the 10 hosting species of anemoens) then they will most likely not survive.
Thomas

X

xnikki118x

I spot-feed my haitian freeze-dried shrimp and shrimp pellets, and my BTA gets shrimp pellets.
I also squirt them (and my corals) with a filter feeder food by Kent Marine. I also crush shrimp pellets and a bit of flakes and algae discs into a very fine powder and mix a little powder with each dose of the liquid stuff.