Feeding Bubble Coral?

pbuck

Does anyone else feed their bubble coral? I have given mine small pieces of cooked fresh shrimp and they seem to like it. After awhile the shrimp is ingested into the mouth and I never see it again. Does anyone else use shrimp? What else can I feed it?

pbuck

ok, I was worried about germs/bacteria getting into the tank. I also add live phyto to the tank.

jja

I do not directly feed mine although I use dt's every other day and it get's lot's of scraps of formula one and two that fall into it. My problem is that some of the fish have figured out that if they harass it enough it will puke and they love to eat it. Anyone have this problem or know how to stop it? I worry eventually it will stress out the coral/tank.

hairtrigger

I have a ginormous green metallic bubble coral and a smaller purple pearl bubble.
The green one is also a bottomless pit. I feed it anything and everything. It eats a whole chunk of formula food no problem. Then the tenticles are always out regardless, catching food from the water column.
The pearl doesn't seem to eat quite as much. Nevertheless, it accepts its fair share of food. I see its tenticles out, but not as much. Bubbles are pretty darn aggressive corals and I think it's their appetite that makes them that way. :cool:

jonthefb

i agree that you really shouldnt used cooked shrimp...go to your lfs and see if they sell forzen krill in the frozen food area, this is much better and much more nutritious than cooked shrimp! you can use frozen raw shrimp wo any prob, cause the freezing process usually kills any bacteria, but id just get the krill!
good luck
jon

jonthefb

hey pbuck, i sent you an email about a certain thing that youhave posted in the trading/classifieds section, i was just wondering if you have received it yet, as i am very interested!
thanks again
jon

seaham358

Where is the mouth? Can I stick it inbetween the bubbles anywhere I just got a small bubble and want to feed it. I use DT's 3 times a week now.

ags

My bubble's mouth is in the center of all the bubbles. Runs pretty much the length of the center of the coral.

tigriss

I feed my pearl bubble, trumpits and 2 moderns. They eat krill,smelts and clams. I only cut small pieces for my trumpits other than that I directly feed. I touch them a couple of times till their tenticles come out thats where I place the food. I also put grouper eggs into the water for the rest of my corals. THEY LOVE IT!

mdhyde

Go to your local Asian market and pick up a bag of frozen mixed seafood. It will contain all kinds of fish, shriump, etc. It is usually 2 bucks a pound...WAY cheaper than the LFS. And it is the same to a bubble coral.
I agree dont feed him cooked stuff. They dont have stoves in the wild!

ags

most likely in the folds of all the bubbles in the middle. Someone else said they wave the food in the coral till the tentacles come out. That is pretty much what I do with my pearl. As for the bubble you have do the same and it will open its mouth up or at least expose where it is. Just put the food down in between the bubbles. The coral will do the rest.

pbuck

I have a question. I bought my bubble several months ago and when I bought him there were 2 joined together as a "V". The 2 stalks are about 2 inches thick. I was wondering if they will ever develop a third stalk. Here is a picture, my clown was busy harrasing it that is why it looks so small.