feeding bubble tip?

T

therock0861

Some silver sides or some krill once a week ought to do nicely. HTH

costa78

Same, Krill or Small silversides, about twice a week for me, mine loves it....takes it right away and devours it.

T

thomas712

They really will eat just about anything, flake, mysis, plankton, zooplankton, krill, silversides, brine shrimp, cut up frozen cocktail shrimp. Mine has eaten all of those things. I don't even feed mine once a week, they do fine.
Thomas

rook

I agree with the above. You don't really need to feed it often for it to stay healthy. They usually get enough scraps from the clown fish and from photosynthesis. But, the more you feed, the bigger it gets and the more likely it will split.

wrassecal

My opinion is feeding is just as important as lighting. I feed my bubble tip 3 times a week and I feed it a pencil eraser size piece of meaty food. Krill, squid, shrimp, etc. Mine has split 3 times over the past year and a half and I've been able to give "tank raised" to other aquarist here locally. Mine is huge right now, I have to admit.

T

thomas712

My Dear Carole -
I applaud your wanting everything to have a few square meals a day. However:
In the wild there is no way an anemone gets a meal like you intended everyday, and yet they live for nearly 100 years. And no one is being cruel by not feeding the anemone solid food all the time.
There is a meal that they get nearly every day though its called sunlight. Yes thats right everytime you turn the lights on the anemone feeds off of it. Now without sunlight it dies.
In the meantime it will feed off of any pods that decide to walk into it, even the clowns may come by and give it a snack once in a while. In nature especially the water colum is full of yummy things to eat.
I figure after 3 years I must be doing something right, I've let a whole month go buy and not fed my anemones before, and yet they live, go figure.
Your feeding it everyday? Thats up to you but I think your over feeding it and its not natural for it to have such food everyday, and it will become dependent and less hardy if you continue to do so IMO. Welfare anemone lol.
Thomas