Feeding Coral Banded Shrimp

ashleigh234

Hi all
I brought a 5cm Coral Banded Shrimp in the weekend, and was just wondering how often is it best to feed him? He has had a piece of mussell which he seemed to love to get his claws on.
We have a 4ft tank (90gal) with 40kg of live rock and occupants are: Fuzzy Dwarf Lion, Coral Beauty, Ocellaris Clown, Arrow Goby, Foxface and two Damsels, and we also have a Rock Boring Urchin, 1 snail (not sure what it is) and a Tigertail Cucumber.
On top of munching away at everything in the tank all day, how often should I give him a piece of meat? Daily or every few days??

ashleigh234

The lion has had a couple of prawns in the last few days and he seems to go nuts over them, he will not quit chasing until he gets it lol, quite funny as with the feeder fish he didnt move that quick.
The CBS cant really eat a prawn or anything can he? Am i best to just give him a chunk of meat daily?
I gave the lion a really small one on saturday morning, and that was his first real bit of food, and on sunday morning he was following me aroudn the tank so I gave him another, a bit bigger this time, so no more food for a couple of days, will keep an eye on his belly and see when he doesnt look full anymore, probably be hungry again tomorrow, but might make him wait till wednesday.
I will have to go and buy some more food for him as the 8 remaining prawns i brought died overnight ... i dont think the airbubble thingy was working so they had no oxygen as i had to keep the lid on their container as i came out on sunday morning to find two on the floor haha

cranberry

Make him wait until Wednesday, and try him with a freshly killed shrimp. If he eats the dead a couple of times, freeze some shrimp so that he gets use to the "freshly thawed" feel. Then move along to any frozen fair... maybe start with frozen krill but get him off that pretty fast. You don't want him on Krill for an extended amount of time.
Any chunk of food will do for the CBS. I just fed on Mon., Wed and Fri for convenience.

ashleigh234

Great Cranberry, will feed CBS every few days, didnt want to be overfeeding or underfeeding him.
Are Bracckish Water Prawns ok to feed the lion by the way? They are quite cheap and he seems to love them. Finding things to feed him over here is a mission and a half.