feeding corals

keith gray

I have a 75gal with mh bulbs, lr, sump with skimmer and fuge. My numbers run in line where I want them. the only thing I have been a little dissapointed with the last year or so is coral growth.
I have LPS mostly, frogspawn, hammer, colt. Some zoos, monti, other leathers, mushrooms, etc.
I have never fed the corals, I do disperse some cyclops a couple of times a week, they seem healthy but honestly not a lot of growth has occured from what I hear other people experience.
My question is does anyone else use marine snow or any other product that they have been happy with. I don't want to add unneeded junk to a tank that has stable parameters that I have worked hard to accomplish if it does not help growth without affecting other parameters.
PH - 8.3
Alkalinity - 8
calcium - 420
Nitrates - 0
Phosphates - 0
Any good experiences out there ??????

carlos413

I use Reef Nutrition products, Phyto-Feast a source of phytoplankton, Roti-Feast a source of marine Rotifers, Oyster-Feast is a mix of both oyster eggs and ovarian tissue. I also feed frozen baby brine shrimp. Make sure that you neutiant levels are low, and dont over feed so you dont get any algae blooms.
Check out this video about feeding corals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=641iHTm71x8
Hope this helps