feeding dragon moray

cdubbs

I just got a dragon moray last night. I think its a brazilian, what do you think? I tried to feed him some silversides today and he wont eat them. Any ideas on what to feed them or how to get them to eat? Thanks

teaggs

Originally Posted by CDubbs
I just got a dragon moray last night. I think its a brazilian, what do you think? I tried to feed him some silversides today and he wont eat them. Any ideas on what to feed them or how to get them to eat? Thanks
use use a feeder stick and feed him some squid, silversides, or other meaty items. My eel took a day or two to start easily eating and now he wont stop. That is a nice looking eel and it is a Brazilian Dragon

blizz75

yep its a brazilian, lots of those going around right now, mine didnt feed the first time i tried to feed him but now he wont stop. just give him time. mines favorites are live greenbacks, live fiddlers and frozen tiger shrimp (whole), he also eats mussels, clams and squidd once.
Great eel couldnt be happier but be careful they dont seem to have ANY vision! i was holding a fiddler right in fron of his face and he hit the glass instead. watch them fingers
Congrats

cdubbs

ok thanks guys..I have a feeding stick and put a silverside right by his mouth and he moved away from it. I left some on the bottom of the tank in case he wants to eat some at night. This guy is ok with a Vol Lion and a dogface puffer right?

reeftank27

wow that is a monster...if you dont mind me asking what did you pay for him.. i never find any good deals on dragons.

46bfinga

Originally Posted by CDubbs
ok thanks guys..I have a feeding stick and put a silverside right by his mouth and he moved away from it. I left some on the bottom of the tank in case he wants to eat some at night. This guy is ok with a Vol Lion and a dogface puffer right?

im not sure i could guarantee that they would not be eaten? i thought my goldentail would never eat any of my fish until i came home one day and my porcupine puffer was missing.

very nice eel though,his markings are very close to my jeweled.

psusocr1

i have mine with a v. lion but my lion is gigantic and they are also in a 300 gallon so they have tons of room to roam so they dont really encounter each other.. id say the dragon and def. the lion will need a bigger tank very soon! i cant imagine either of mine in a 125.. either way good luck with him, they are lots of fun have alot of personalitty but blind as a bat!

sulley

if you are using "common names" that is a "jeweled" not a "brazilian" dragon eel. nonetheless nice eel. that monster will be eating soon good luck

sulley

p.s. do not feed silversides use the diet people named above squidd, clam, scallops, etc to feed them. was it eating at the store when you bought it?

blizz75

Originally Posted by sulley
if you are using "common names" that is a "jeweled" not a "brazilian" dragon eel. nonetheless nice eel. that monster will be eating soon good luck
jewled are not brazilians - he has a brazilian

cdubbs

i payed 160 for him. everything is more expensive in nyc. but the store i go to has quality fish so i dont mind overpaying for something that i know is good. thanks for the help

psusocr1

IMO $160 is a steal! i couldnt find one for under $400 bucks and when id id find one for cheaper it still deosnt compare to your price!

cdubbs

yeah isnt that the hawaiians though? I just tried to feed him again, i put a lance fish on a feeding stick and put it right in his face and he wouldnt eat it. Hope everything is ok.