feeding emergency

lulabulla

hi all
i got my dragonface pipes almost 2 weeks ago. when i first got them they were eating frozen. through out the time with me i want to say they got spoiled and were eating any live food in the tank and now are not responding to frozen at all. i have cyclopeez mysis and tigerpods. yesterday one looked like on the verge of death so i rean out to try to find some live food (i didnt have bbs ready) and they recommended garlic x-treem. has anyone used this? everything in my tank responded to it and i would say it loured one of the pipes but never actually saw her eat.....
can anyone tell me what the best way to get them back onto frozen?
i added some lrr and chaeto from the back chamber into the tank to hopefully get some extra pods in the tank. so for now she is looking a bit better but that will run out fast as well.
please help with any info i need it
thanks

novahobbies

How are you presenting the cyclopeeze to the pipe? Is it possible that she's not seeing enough of it to generate a feeding response? OTOH, you could consider setting up a pod breeding tank and just keep a supply of live pods on hand. Pod breeding tanks aren't pretty, by any strech of the imagination, but they are effective!

lulabulla

Originally Posted by novahobbies
http:///forum/post/2808702
How are you presenting the cyclopeeze to the pipe? Is it possible that she's not seeing enough of it to generate a feeding response? OTOH, you could consider setting up a pod breeding tank and just keep a supply of live pods on hand. Pod breeding tanks aren't pretty, by any strech of the imagination, but they are effective!
i do put enough in there with them, it swims past their face or they swim through it and tey eye it out and leave it alone. ive tried leaving the pump on so it moves and i even have shut it off thinking they could get it better and nadda. i am deff. going to seed my fuge more and rotate the chaeto hopfully that helps.
does anyone know where i could get some good pods to seed with?

novahobbies

LOL, pm me and send me your email address........

No, I'm not going to send you pods, but I'll email you something that will help.