Feeding Foxface

Hello guys. I am having trouble feeding my new Foxface. I have had him for about 3 days and I can't get him to eat any flake, formula 2 pellet, frozen ...anything.
He is grazing the rocks for algae, but unfortunatly for him there is not very much in the tank.
What would you guys reccomend I try to feed him? Should I put an algae sheet in the tank for him?
Thanks.

v-lioness

The greens are a must with this fish, they require greens and lots of them daily, hang the algae sheets in your tank. Keep trying to feed the pellets and flake foods, you can try mysis for a meaty food but greens are a main part of their diet.
Kaye

zsalinas

Yeah put a little algae sheet in their. Mine used to nip at it over the course of the entire day. I used to put a little bit of garlic on it to when i'd stick it in there. good luck

leftyblite

I hang seaweed every few days and mine grazes over a dauy or so and seems very healthy. He also eats a mixture of pellets and algae pellets.

browniebuck

Mine likes the algae sheets, but won't go near them when I am in the room. I have only seen him ripping pieces off when I am at the top of the steps and doesn't think I am around. He also loves Formula Two flakes....I mean LOVES them!!!

sepulatian

This is one of the MANY problems associated with introducing a fish that needs an established system, with plenty of very mature LR, into a newer setup. Keep trying to get him the algae he needs. They are natural grazers.

fishtk75

Originally Posted by Golgi Aparatus
Hello guys. I am having trouble feeding my new Foxface. I have had him for about 3 days and I can't get him to eat any flake, formula 2 pellet, frozen ...anything.
He is grazing the rocks for algae, but unfortunatly for him there is not very much in the tank.
What would you guys reccomend I try to feed him? Should I put an algae sheet in the tank for him?
Thanks.
That is good that he is feeding on the rocks my will not eat my hair algae on the rocks.
As all said go to LFS and get a food clip to hang on the tank and hang small piece of sheet algae.
My Foxface goes nuts when he see me coming to hang some on the tanks.

compjtc

like everyone else says, get him some nori and they'll usually go right for that. I suppose I'm lucky, my foxface eats everything: flake, mysis, brine, nori, and even my cleaner shrimp....