feeding frozen formula one?

akinda

how do feed formula one. when i put it in it sinks strait to the bottom nothing seems to go for it once it hits the floor. i also bought some pellets but they dont go after it really.

jimmy g

Just cut off as much as u need and hold in under the water and rub it together. Thats what I do and it seems to not sink as fast and the fish will eat it out of your hand if they think you are rubbing it too slow lol.

dreeves

I dont know about the with gell part...but the frozen foods I feed I usually thaw in a small cup of clean RO water...stir it up and then pour it in slowly and little at a time....this is also where you can fortify it with vitamins as well.
I believe the gell part was a creation to enable the cube to be placed in the tank in a special gell food holder or something like that.

shawnhardy

I cut a piece of the block and put in a cup with tank water. I let it sit for a few minutes and swirl the water around to break apart the cube. Then I pour it into the tank a little at a time and let them eat it. When they finish it, I put more in.

T

tizzo

I literally shave pieces of "cube" off with a sharp knife right over the tank. And I use about 1/4 of the cube at a time and when I get down to the last piece, I do as Jimmy G stated and I rub it between my fingers under water and it will sorta disinigrate (sp?).

robchuck

I do what dreeves does. I place the frozen cube in a cup of RO water and stir it well. If the cube doesn't break up well, I nuke it for a few seconds. I also add garlic extract and Zoe in the cup.