Feeding my eel

gootz

Can anyone give me advice on feeding my mexican dragon(jeweled moray eel) Every time i try to feed my triggers he always attacks them when he smells the scent of food. How can I feed both my fish and my eel without the eel eating everything. Also I been feeding the eel and frozen shrimp(defrosted from the freezer) I know its not the best of foods but i havent been to my lfs in about a month so until then thats what I am feeding him. I usually give him one every 2-3 days. I'll throw in some live once or twice a month. But just give me any personal advice on these guys. I read about them and they said they could be in only a 50 gallon tank and stay under 2 feet. I just looked at another sight today and it said 200 gallons so he might be going back to the store if thats right. 2 sites said 50 gallon and 1 said 200 gallons so I don't know what to do.....help is needed.

snipe

Well your probly using some kind of scewer to feed right. Well instead of using one use two so the fish will get one and the eel the other. Also most eels "the ones I have seen "except the snowflake" will need a big tank" Also a snowflake is the most recomended for begginers. The snow flake needs like 50 gallons I think.

ross

put the food in a net and put the net right in front of the eels face so the eel can get it but the others cant.

unleashed

well then turn your routine around feed the eel before feeding the tank .Ifyour feeding shrimp from the groc store I also do this I place raw shrimp in boiling water for 20 sec just to kill any bacteria drain and refreeze in a ziplock baggy thaw as needed in fresh water and garlic extreme Ihave heard you can also sqeeze you own fresh garlic but to much work for me lol.I find it much less expencive than fish foods but I do however also purchase krill and prepared foods for my fish. I have a stars and striped puffer that thinks hes the king of the tank and he prolly is.I hand feed the puffer stick feed the eel.I fill the puffer up before feeding the rest of the fish makes sure every one eats without injuries.I tried to drop feed the puffer once but in his feeding frenzy he bit off my majestic foxfaces lower jaw