Feeding my fuzzy dwarf lion

lbannie

So I got a fuzzy dwarf and it's awesome!! Like most it will only eat live food. Around here I can only get freshwater ghost shrimp and rosy Red minnows and tiny guppies. Are these acceptable foods for the lion? He really gobbles them up! I looked at the frozen Silversides but they seem too big for my lion. Any suggestions or is it ok to feed what I'm feeding?

lion_crazz

The rosy reds are not good at all. The guppies are not the worst, but it will be difficult for you to wean him off of live food if you continue using guppies. Ghost shrimp are your ideal choice because it will train the lion to begin attacking whatever food hits the water. The guppy will swim away too fast, and in turn, the lion will not change from that hunting mindset. Try to do ghost shrimp as much as possible!
And post some pics of your little fuzzy dwarf when he gets settled in. They are definitely my favorite fish and I love seeing other peoples' because there are so many variants and color morphs out there.

lion_crazz

Are you posting from your iPhone? I just downloaded TapaTalk in the app store and it is a forum app. They have a little button in the bottom corner that lets you post pictures from your photos app.
If you are using Safari, it is not possible to post pictures using the attachments button on the forum, since you can't access the iPhones files/hard drive.