Feeding my Green Wolf Eel and my Lion

dejay

I was going to feed the green wolf, and my lion fish mainly ghost shrimp, and sometimes rosely reds for show. How often should I feed, and how much?

fmarini

feed primarily ghost shrimp, 3-4 times weekly, til both have a small bulge in their belly (4 or 5 ghosts). Skip the rosey reds or goldfish.
W/ that said once your fish are established and eating, start weaning the eel (you know its not an eel right?)and the lion onto frozen dead Marine meat. I like shrimp chunks w/ shell on and crab meat.
frank

jumpfrog

If you wolf is anything like mine it will eat ANYTHING! Large shrimp, octupus, squid, chunks of fish...fingers...
Here's a pic of mine. He's about 2.5 feet long and probably 2.5" thick. A great fish.

dejay

Can I just go to the store and get like shrimp cocktail, and freeze it, and just take a shrimp out and thaw it once a day and feed him that?

dejay

I guess what I'm asking.... is if I go to the grocery store... what kinda shrimp should I buy? Deil Shrimp, Frozen Shrimp, Bagged shrimp? And how do I perpare it? REMEMBER I'M A TOTALY AMATURE... EXPLAIN EVERYING IN FULL DETAIL PLEASE. lol Sorry I'm an idiot:nervous:

jumpfrog

Uncooked shrimp. Depending on the size of your fish on how large. I usually get the 25-30 count per pound from the seafood section. Just freeze in some tupperware and thaw out a couple pieces for about an hour before feeding.
Good Luck!