Feeding Percula Clowns

nobody1973

Ok here's the deal. I bought two Percula Clowns a few days ago and just can't seem to get them to eat anything. I have tried Ocean Nutrition formula one pellets, Formula one frozen foods, Prime reef flakes, Prime reef frozen foods, Tetra marine flakes. Am I feeding them the wrong stuff? What do you guys feed your Clowns?

that's strange... mine ate the very same evening I put them in... and if they had the chance, they wouldn't have stopped since... they're pigs!! I use omega flakes.. I'm gonna start giving them mysis too.
Someone will come up with a suggestion for you... I can't imagine why they wouldn't be eating though.. .are they stressed? Water params ok?

nobody1973

I really don't think there stressed. They seem to be very happy swimming all over the tank. The water params are all good. I just don't get it :notsure:

S

slofish

i would try to get some live baby brine shrimp. Ive heard thats something good them get them started.

neutronics

Try brine shrimps soaked in garlic.
You can try it with mysis too.
If you are trying to feed with flakes, try breaking up the flakes into about 3mm by 3mm or so using your fingers. Often, large flakes makes them think twice to try eating them in the first few days.