Feeding requirements for carpenters wrasese and Blue-eyed anthias?

connor

hi i am looking to add a male carpenters wrasse and 1female(paracheilinus carpenteri), and also down the road 3-4 blue-eyed female anthias(pseudanthias squamipinnis). i have numerous magazines that tell me i have to feed them numerous times a day but none say exactly how many 2-3-4???
also my tank is a 90 gallon with nothing but a pink and blue shrimp goby excluding all my shrimps and tons and tons of corals( i just for some reason forgot to buy any fish for the past 9 monthst exept for gobie now i have enough corals and stuff i want fish!!
) so would this be to heavy on stocking the tank? and would i have enouh room for 2 clowns too?
Thank you SOOO much,
Connor

murph145

i have some lyertail anthias aka blue eyed anthias... i feed mine once a day a mixture of brine and mysid they do fine sometimes ill feed twice
i have one male and 3 females

murph145

mine seem to be fine there lil pigs when i feed thought but some are kinda picky i have a few that only like brine and a few that only like mysid.... theyve been fine on this feeding schedule but like i said sometimes ill feed twice a day smaller portions i think its cuz they are such active guys

puffer32

Originally Posted by murph145
mine seem to be fine there lil pigs when i feed thought but some are kinda picky i have a few that only like brine and a few that only like mysid.... theyve been fine on this feeding schedule but like i said sometimes ill feed twice a day smaller portions i think its cuz they are such active guys
I thought shrimp had no nutrional value for fish?, does anyone know if all anthias need to be kept in at least pairs? Can you mix anthias?

connor

as far as i know you can mix anthias. my friend has dispar and purple backs and blue-eyed ones in the same tank

murph145

yeah u can mix but some are more fiesty than others its always good to keep them in a big grouping in a bigger tank becuz the females will fight and pick on each other and a lot of times the weaker ones will slowly die off....
ive lost one due to this reason so far i started with 4 females and one male right now there seems to be a balance of power between them all so no more fighting but it took them a while to figure out the pecking order...
as far as shrimp goes brine doesnt have much nutritional value but i soak the food in vitamins and mysid is really good for fish has lots of fat and nutritional value in it

connor

what about the stocking levels would i still have room in my tank for other fish with 4 females anthias (one will turn male eventually right, beacouse if not i will buy one male and 3 females.) and two carpenter flasher wrasses and a pink and blue shrimp goby all in the 90 gallon? i was wanting add a pair of clowns too. thanks connor

murph145

not to say its not possible but thats pretty stocked if i were u id get the anthias .... the largest feamle should turn into a male i just wanted one right away lol....
i might ditch one of the wrasses get the goby and then the pair of clowns even then its still packed pretty good make sure u keep up on your water changes and have a good skimmer

connor

how about 1 goby 1 male carpenter flasher wrasse, 1male 2 female anthias and either 2 clowns or 1 yellow tang. does this sound good or not? i want to keep more sps down the road and dont want the water to foul up would this list be more reasonable? thansk soo o much COnnor

murph145

id say thats ok just make sure whatever u do get a good skimmer if u plan on keepin sps ull want to remove all the waste
but i think ur fish list sounds good

aidos

Anthias are not able to pick at ur live rock, which means they can only feed when u add food into the tank. Other fish like angels, butterflys and tangs can pick and feed on the LR allowing them to continually feed all day. it is important to feed ur anthias at least 2 times a day, i personaly feed 2-3 times a day depending on my comitments. u will find that the more u feed the anthias the more active they will be and the better their colour.
some ppl would find feeding so often a pain, but these fish are extreamly rewarding.
I have 1 male and 2 female flame anthias and i love them.
Get a good dry pellet food, get the anthias eating it, and then use that to feed 1-2 times a day, also use a frozen mixture like mysis once a day. this way it make feeding very easy and quick. Also if u go away for a period of time, it is easy to portion out the feeding amounts for the fish, and less confusing for the person you roped in to feeding them for you.
Good luck and i know you will enjoy your anthias.

aidos

Also to answer ur question about stocking levels,
I have a 75 gallon reef, fish are
1x pair of ocelaris clowns
1x pair orchid dottybacks
1x flame angel
1x scopas tang
3x flame anthias (1 male)
But, i also run a large skimmer rated at 200 gallon (more that twice the size of my tank) and a large Eheim external canister filter that i maintian weekly.
My coral and inverts are mainly made up of
1x cataphillia
2x hammers
2x favites
3x soft leathers
1x squamosa clam
1x maximu clam
3x xenia
2x candy cane
lots of zoos
lots of mushrooms
my tank is now 20 months old.
hope that helps.

connor

Originally Posted by Aidos
Anthias are not able to pick at ur live rock, which means they can only feed when u add food into the tank. Other fish like angels, butterflys and tangs can pick and feed on the LR allowing them to continually feed all day. it is important to feed ur anthias at least 2 times a day, i personaly feed 2-3 times a day depending on my comitments. u will find that the more u feed the anthias the more active they will be and the better their colour.
some ppl would find feeding so often a pain, but these fish are extreamly rewarding.
I have 1 male and 2 female flame anthias and i love them.
Get a good dry pellet food, get the anthias eating it, and then use that to feed 1-2 times a day, also use a frozen mixture like mysis once a day. this way it make feeding very easy and quick. Also if u go away for a period of time, it is easy to portion out the feeding amounts for the fish, and less confusing for the person you roped in to feeding them for you.
Good luck and i know you will enjoy your anthias.
thanks sooo much i will feed mine 2-3 times a day then!