feeding seaweed sheets

redbora

does anyone know of an alternative way to feed the sheets instead of the plastic clip, i'm tried of having to get a new one before i'm even done with one box
thanks

hatessushi

If it's the Nemo hard plastic one they are junk. I had one and it lasted for 2 feedings and came apart. I user the softer plastic one that came with the sheets and had no problems. Well actually there is one probelm. I am supplementing the sheets for the angel and tang but the trigger seems to gobble it down before they even get to look at it. He is such a pig and I didn't even know that triggers liked algea sheets that much.

v-lioness

You can try placing it between rocks, personally I have been tearing it up and throwing it in. Most triggers require greens in their diet, mine eats the nori than breaks the clip, so instead of replacing them I throw the greens in....lol
BTW For a variety of greens, you can feed Fresh Frozen Peas Thawed along with fresh Frozen broccoli thawed along with the nori.
Kaye

hatessushi

I actually do feed peas also. The fish love it. The trigger attacks the clip but can't break this one since it's unbreakable. It came with the package of nori sheets.
I have heard of people placing the sheets under a rock to hold down one end of it. The only reason I just don't throw it in is because I don't want it to get caught in the filter. I shouldn't worry about that because the trigger gets it in one bite and just sucks it down like spegetti.

rbrockm1

one of the things i do is take a piece of seaweed and strap it to a small piece of rock by rubberband and throw it in. i tie a piece of fishing line to the rock so when they are done i just pull on the string and i have the rock back. this seems more natural to teh fish

redbora

i've tried almost all the plastic clips that are sold in the lfs, they always end up not sticking to the glass, even the ones that come with the package
i have a yellow tang, blue hippo, coral beauty angel
with the peas and veggies, do you just throw them in the tank or do you chop them, mince, grind??

rackyrane

We use the plastic potato chip clips that you can buy at the grocery store. So far, no one has been able to break it. We tie fishing line to the end and tie the other end to a clip that attaches to the aquarium lip. Voila! Hope this helps.

v-lioness

with the peas and veggies, do you just throw them in the tank or do you chop them, mince, grind??
When feeding Peas, I add a few at a time and Broccoli Floats, break a small chunk than float it.
Kaye

catawaba

(Hijack)
My hippo won't touch the sheets....
Will she eat the peas and/or broccoli?
Long term solution?
I've tried different brands, colors, etc.....

quaos

I rip a sheet and place it in the water and hold it between my thumb and index finger. Then I rub it between my two fingers and it flakes apart. Floats around in the water column just like flake food.

i was just wondering will fish eat lettuce and is it good for them? Like if i was to mix it up useing peas, lettuce, and broccoli?

hatessushi

Originally Posted by redbora
i've tried almost all the plastic clips that are sold in the lfs, they always end up not sticking to the glass, even the ones that come with the package
i have a yellow tang, blue hippo, coral beauty angel
I use the one that came with the sheets. The difference may be that I have a acrylic tank and the suctions cups seem to work great, almost to great since they are sometimes hard to remove.
Use spiniach instead of lettuce unless you use romain lettuce