Feeding Shrimp From The Grocer - Need Help

triton

I have an 80G FOWLR.
I purchased a package of medium sized frozen shrimp from the grocer. I took one out, washed it off, and when it was un-thawed put several drops of Garlic Extreme on it.
I cut it into as small as pieces as I could get with a kitchen knife.
After I put the pieces into the tank, the results were less than spectacular. I thought the fish would be all over it. They did eat some, but didn't go crazy. A lot of the larger pieces ended up floating around or near the bottom.
Do Saltwater fish not really "dig" fresh shrimp from the grocer?
Any suggestions on how to cut the pieces much smaller?
Thanks

ledzep fan

Well, what type of fsih do you have? I use shrimp from the groceery store and my eel and puffer go nuts for it.

triton

Originally Posted by LedZep fan
Well, what type of fsih do you have? I use shrimp from the groceery store and my eel and puffer go nuts for it.
Some tangs and dwarf angels mainly.
How do you cut the shrimp so it is really small?

ledzep fan

Well the fish could eat little bits of the shrimp but the tangs that i have dont really go for shrimp. They are herbivores and the angels are ominvores.
I just cut them up into medium sized peices so that the puffer and eel can see it and fill their stomachs faster

dawman

I actually just started doing this today for my LTA and cut some small pieces for my fish . Three different species of clowns loved it , the angels didn`t care for it at first , but then digged it , Tang ate little but expected that , Royal Gamma liked it , and my freshwater tank of cichlids loved it . So all in all , I was happy how my fish took to it .