Feeding stick

goldfish

Ok, after my poor eel (Morty) has not gotten a morsel of food in the past week because of my two triggers, I decided to get one of those feeding sticks. It worked, but not as well as I had hoped. The triggers (niger and picasso) are a bit greedy when it comes to feeding time! The second that stick went into the water WHAM they were there!! Any thoughts on how I can get it to Morty? I think he did get a chunk, but I'm sure he wasn't satisfied.

pufferlover

As we discussed last night here in answer to the same problem by another member they make a special feeding tube for eels only. Feeding frenzy is the company who makes both tube and sticks. The tube allows only the eel to get the food check your local store they should be able to get it for you.

grouperhead

here is what i would do. for the triggers get some floating food (freeze dried krill works for me) and put a couple of em in there to get thier attention. they should be happily munching on thier krill and you can get the eel some food on the feeding stick. my trigger used to eat all my miniatus groupers food until my miniatus asserted himself ask king of the tank and started chasing the trigger at feeding time and opening his gills and mouth real wide and telling the trigger let me eat or else lol. the feeding tube is good too. they carry them at most good lfs and if they dont have one im sure they can order it for you. if im correct you have a snowflake around 15" right? later, bo

goldfish

Puffer, You are right--we did discuss this yesterday. I would like the name of the website if you have it. Would it be feedingfrenzy.com by any chance?? I would really like something like you are describing for my eel.

preditor

Do you get the magazine called "Pet Solutions"? Because they have a eel stick that works magic. I have a Snowflake, Porkypine puffer, LionFish, and orange toadfish in a 100 gallon and the lion fish used to slurp up all of the eels food before the eel could get to it so i invested in the eel feeding stick and it works great, so thats what i recomend :) :) :)

robbytt

The problem is -- you named your fish! :( Every fish I've ever named (only 2) have died!!! PLEASE TAKE AWAY HIS NAME! Maybe he'll get food then.
*Sorry for the unhelpful post but I just woke up and am feeling a bit silly. :D

pufferlover

Goldfish; Yes that is the name on the package the sticks and eel tube come in. I have seen the tubes in catalogs and stores for around 7 bucks. I have the sticks but have never needed the extra protection the tube gives as my other fish allow the eels to get theirs.

goldfish

Robby-That's a funny one! Morty (oops, I said it again)has been with me for quite some time now. Thanks though!
I did find a feeding stick at my lfs and he is getting more food than before. I put brine shrimp at one corner for the triggers, then I put Morty's food on the stick and plop it in on the other side. So far he has had a few nice meals! The triggers eventually spot the stick and zoom over, but Morty has gotten some that he previously had missed out on. Thanks for all the help and advice everyone! Robby, your advice just cannot be taken....LOL!!!

goldfish

Believe it or not, I did drop in some feeders a few weeks back, and those d**n triggers got to them first!! They are much quicker than Morty, and with his eyesight not being so sharp he didn't get much.