Feeding time question! please answer!

new_noob

Tomorrow im going to buy two more fish a Scissortail Goby and a Perca Clown Fish, I already have one Scissortail Goby that i have had for a month, he has been eating regular flake foods and pods, but i am worried that my clown wont eat the flakes, food at my LFS is very expensive 8onces of frozen mysid shirmp is 6 bucks!:scared: Could i feed them frozen raw shrimp and squid? And if so how many times a week?
EDIT-Sorry i mean im going to buy a Gold Stripe Maroon Clown Fish

marineman

caution the different species of clowns my fight, be prepared to return one or separate the clowns, good luck maybe they will like each other. you may try very small diced up raw shrimp, mine loves frozen brine and eats alittle of the flakes i put in.

new_noob

sorry if i confused you (i seen to be confusing many people today) but i am only going to buy the Gold Stripe Maroon, not the perca.
There is a Pick N' Save right next to my LFS so im going to get some more shrimp and some squid, dice it up, and freeze it with crushed pellets and flakes. Thaw it out, put it in the overflow in my refugium and it will get every where in the main tank, how many times should i do this a week?

marineman

make sure all is eaten quickly so none can pollute the water, but maybe 4-6x/wk if the food is being accepted. Do you have any cleanup critters?

new_noob

yep i have a refugium with 6 or so bluelegs in it, tomorrow im going to buy 10 or 20 more scarelets hermit crabs, a cleaner shrimp, a fighting conch, and a gorilla crab (cant seen to get him out), not many snails.

new_noob

yep hoffers, lol. I go there to get my Fish, and i go to Aqua Exhibits for my corals, i dont like the fish at Aqua Exhibits, there have been dead fish in the tanks for weeks, some have ick, i'm just not to happy with them, but their polyped corals are cheap, where do you go for your livestock?

telemachus

I agree, lately A.E. has had poor tank inhabitants. It’s unfortunate because their fish were always very healthy looking, don’t know what’s going on there. I was in there today to pick up a cleaner shrimp and watch the sharks for a feeding. I buy corals @ A.E., Pet World, and (Hoffers-only if there is a good price on one). Inverts, I buy @ A.E. –best prices. I bought fish @ all three.

telemachus

P.W. is good for corals. The prices are good and the quality is good, and sometimes you can get a really good find when they mislabel and sell for cheap. Frozen food is inexpensive too.