Feeding zebra eel

eels4me

I have a zebra eel that will only eat shrimp so far. I tried putting some hermit crabs in from one of my other tanks. To see if he will eat them but has no intrest in them. Also tried some frozen squid from the lfs he wont eat that either. Anything else i can try?

Z

zensaiyan

i had a zebra moray for awhile. they usually will only eat 2 or 3 times per week, and they will let you know when they are hungry when they come running. when they smell food hit the water they will usually come out of their den. i fed mine fresh sea food from the local store. just make sure that the seafood does not have any perservatives or hormones in it. all natural. i found that mine liked squid, cod, clams, and scallops.

boalgf

I have the fattest, pickiest zebra eel in the world. He's been in my tank for over a year now and will only eat shrimp and crab pieces. Also, he will only eat a certain brand of shrimp, really! I've tried other brands and he just stares at it then goes back in his den.

puffer24/7

thats weird normally zebra's are not very picky at all also u are only supposed to feed them once in a blue moon not everyday

boalgf

Once in a blue moon? lol That makes it sound like you never have to feed them, or maybe once a month. That is crazy. I feed mine 3 times a week.
I had a calico crab in there once that was about 4 inches wide. The zebra eel bit him in half one night, so yea they like crabs lol.

reel1in

mine loves silversides and squid its cool I threw a piece of squid in the there for one of the other fish it was a big piece the zebra found it and bit right in half I was having trouble cutting with a knife and he chomped it right in half