feeding

jd7128

I am wondering how often you feed certain fish? I have 3 damsels, 1 yellow tang
1 clown and a cleaning crew. I put a algae sheet in my tank and it was gone in a few
hours. How often do I give the tang a algae sheet?

ccg24

good question, I just bought a yellow tang too and i bought this plant I don't know what it's called but it grows really well, and the tang will eat the stem of it, it kinda just floats around the tank and it looks like a green stem with lil balls that grow on it, but other than that I feed all the fish in my tank frozen food and brine shrimp and they all eat it all...

alyssia

I give my tangs an algae sheet everyday. They need to graze all day long. How much LR do you have? They graze off of that also.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by ccg24
good question, I just bought a yellow tang too and i bought this plant I don't know what it's called but it grows really well, and the tang will eat the stem of it, it kinda just floats around the tank and it looks like a green stem with lil balls that grow on it, but other than that I feed all the fish in my tank frozen food and brine shrimp and they all eat it all...
I think what you are talking about is grape calurpa(sp?) and most tangs love that stuff.
Any who, back to the original question, we feed our 3 yellow tangs one algae sheet a day. However we also have almost 200lbs of live rock. When we first got them they were sick w/ ich when they recovered and returned to the main tank, we fed small feedings twice a day w/ a variety of frozen food soaked in garlic extreme. We continue to feed the same thing and our tangs are fat happy and healthy. We feed: mysis shrimp, omega 3 brine shrimp, marine cuisine, emerald entree, and squid along w/ an algae sheet a day rubber banded to a rock.
Melly