feeding

unleashed

Originally Posted by spyke326
how can you tell if my clownfish are getting enough food
its realy touch and go to know for sure if your fish is getting enough food or not i always feed a least 3 times per day enough food to be consumed by all fish in 3-5 min

unleashed

mysis shrimp alone will not be enough for any fish clowns are omnivores and require foods with 50% meaty and 50% plant and aglae based

unleashed

i feed all my fish thera+A pellets by spectrum 2 times daily
and pm a frozen prepared mixture of foods good food for clowns are emerald entrese(algae based food with mysis in a cube)
ocean nutrition formula1 and reef formula i soak all foods these frozen foods in a cup of water to thaw with then add selcon and garlic extreme to each pm feeding ocean nutrion foods are gel based so i do recommend after it has thawed break it up into smaller bits for easier feeding..i rotate what foods i feed on a day to day basis. any other foods to add will depend soly on the speices you keep.. i hope this helps
stay clear of foods formulated for tropical fish as their diet is completly different than marine fish

fishy7

Originally Posted by unleashed
and pm a frozen prepared mixture of foods good food for clowns are emerald entrese(algae based food with mysis in a cube)
My fish dig the therea+a. I feed them once a day.
Every 3rd day I mix and match some of the following: emerald entre, mysis, marine cuisine, brine, and krill. I give them a variety of food to keep it interesting.

laddy

Originally Posted by unleashed
ocean nutrition formula1 and reef formula i soak all foods these frozen foods in a cup of water to thaw with then add selcon and garlic extreme to each pm feeding ocean nutrion foods are gel based so i do recommend after it has thawed break it up into smaller bits for easier feeding..i rotate what foods i feed on a day to day basis. any other foods to add will depend soly on the speices you keep.. i hope this helps
stay clear of foods formulated for tropical fish as their diet is completly different than marine fish
Do you float the gel based foods in the tank, or do you use one of those clips to hold it?

theappe

you soak the gel based foods in water then break it up with something and then just add to the water.

laddy

I've never liked the gel cubes, even if I do break them up. I feel the crabs eat more than my fish do when i use it.

unleashed

Originally Posted by Laddy
Do you float the gel based foods in the tank, or do you use one of those clips to hold it?
once its thawed i mix all the foods together( kinda squish them) with my finger(clean of course) this ensures all fish get a chance to eat some ( i have some pigs that would eat a whole cube on one bite and then want more).for fishy the only issue i see in your menue is the brine shrimp brine contains the nutritional value to fish that popcorn has to humans..its used as filler but a fish can litterally starve to death on it