Fellow Oklahomans!!

kjz99z28

Hey everybody, I'm pretty new at all this, so I need some help. :) I live in Norman, and I've been looking at lots of things at Wet Pets, but I'll need guidance. Do they give good advice, or do I need to research everything I'm told? And how are they on prices? Thanks so much!! And I love this forum.

tne1cancme

Hi,
Welcome to the boards, I'm from Ardmore so I don't get to the city much. I asked the same question of my C.O.M.A.S. friends, they all say that wet pets is a good place. most of em really like Aquariums in Edmond. The people at the Reef warehouse were pretty helpful but their prices were a little high.
Hope this helps a little.

kjz99z28

Thanks!! What is C.O.M.A.S?
Thanks for the help, I just wanted to make sure any advice I got from them was good. :)

mike22cha

COMAS is a local reef club.
I'm in OKC and Choctaw and I'm not a member of any reef clubs currently but plan on joining sometime.
Wet Pets is a great LFS but is a little pricey, IMO.
I prefer Reef Shop Warehouse in OKC.
Aquarium Concepts is a good quality LFS, but they don't have too much quanity.
Jossete's Pets in Edmond has realy nice fish, but they don't sell corals.
UNLESS ABSOULETLY NECESSARY AVOID THE LFS IN Del City!!!!!!!!!!(don't know the name)
They have a lot of dead/diseased fish in their tanks.
Also never get advice from a lfs. Just ask your questions here, and be 110% prepared on what you're going to get before going to a lfs.

babyb

welcome to the boards
about wet pet, they might be a little more pricey but they have every healthy fish from what i can see and they are genuinly nice, iv never had a bad time there
i dont really like the reef shop, every time i go there they act like i am diseased for some reason and there stuff i think is to pricey for the drive for me
if you have any questions you can always pm me

mike22cha

Originally Posted by BabyB
welcome to the boards
about wet pet, they might be a little more pricey but they have every healthy fish from what i can see and they are genuinly nice, iv never had a bad time there
i dont really like the reef shop, every time i go there they act like i am diseased for some reason and there stuff i think is to pricey for the drive for me
if you have any questions you can always pm me
Yeah Reef Shop likes to lecture me, but I don't care.
Both are pretty pricey.

medguy80

i also live in norman and love wet pets. I have been to crystal clear a few times also. I have never been to the other places yet but plan on going. Are you a east or westsider. LOL

babyb

i have never heard of it either
hey did anyone notice that the 24 gal tank by the big tank is gone at wet pet .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................thats cuz my boyfriend bought it, $220, thats an awsome deal, everything came with it, we did have to buy new bulbs but still thats a great deal, sand, water, fish,rock, and coral, everything
its awsome,unfortunitly i didnt get any pics of it re set up but i will this weekend

kjz99z28

i have never heard of it either
hey did anyone notice that the 24 gal tank by the big tank is gone at wet pet .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................thats cuz my boyfriend bought it, $220, thats an awsome deal, everything came with it, we did have to buy new bulbs but still thats a great deal, sand, water, fish,rock, and coral, everything
its awsome,unfortunitly i didnt get any pics of it re set up but i will this weekend
Seriously?! Ahh I was just about to go up there and look at one. Good lord. :( haha. Congrats!!
And now, off I go, to try to find a good deal.

babyb

it is so pretty, but the fish in it i dont like, so were gonna get some new stock for it, you should have seen us try and fit it into my little civic, i have a really small civic and i made him drive and my feet were up around my head with a bag of stuff in my lap 15 gal of water at my feet and the tank and stand and the rest of the water in the back seat, it was a mess
im going to buy it from him when i get the money ( he really bought it for me cuz i didnt have the money at the time)

kjz99z28

Well, you did good. I almost bought that one last time I was there. I just paid $230 for a 24 gal aquapod. Tank only. Well, I guess it has lights. But yeah. haha

babyb

well with the bulbs, buffer, and tank it came out to about 340, oh and barry ( my boyfriend) wanted new sand he didnt like the color of it

kjz99z28

I haven't started actually buying anything for the tank. I'm leaving it there until I move into a house the 18th. No sense in starting it here, then moving in a week.

medguy80

I live in the east side and always have ever since i was born. LOL crystal clear is on flood. I am trying to think of the cross street. If you are on robinson go south on flood and it will be on the left side of the road. It is about a block south of the car wash. LOL happy to see another east side person. LOL

babyb

hey here is the pic after its been set up for a week just waiting to get some nice frags, we did get some sweet orange zoos for $5

kjz99z28

hey here is the pic after its been set up for a week just waiting to get some nice frags, we did get some sweet orange zoos for $5

Nice!!!

I just put money down on the 24gal. I'm hopefully going to be able to put it on my kitchen counter!! Haha.
I hope it fits.