female trigger changed to a male

small triggers

SO, my female blue jaw,, ya know boring grey/brown has now decided to be a boy,, OH YEAH pretty yellow edging and actual blue jaw and ALL... she a he now. Ive got the before pic when i had everyone in the 35g and ill have to get a glld pic of HIM now. I've had this fish for a little over 2 years.

crypt keeper

what size tank is that? Your flame angel looks like a monstor and your Triggers look to be about 2 inches and a tang. Im not hatin but you have fish that like to swim in a shoebox

R

rcreations

I know Crosshatch triggers all look like females when under 5". Only when they grow past that, do they get their male colors. Maybe it's the same with Blue Jaws?

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/2970504
what size tank is that? Your flame angel looks like a monstor and your Triggers look to be about 2 inches and a tang. Im not hatin but you have fish that like to swim in a shoebox
I believe they upgraded to a 150 recently.....That picture is the before, right? That looks like a young male to me.

small triggers

yeah,, it was a 35g for a little over a year,, now (since last September ish its been a 150). the Bluejaw was def. a girl and now is def a boy,,,only changed within the last month

aquaknight

Definitely a little male that started to color in. No Blue Jaw in the what appears to be 2"-3" range will have full adult colors yet. Here is a pic of an actual female. It should have a brown to red, almost Sargassum trigger-like tail, with very light brown edging on the dorsal fins, and no blue jaw coloring what so ever.