few pics from my 12 gal

mkzimms

he gets huge during the day and hes got two mouths... i assume hes splitting. buy 1 get 1 free!

battle scars from the hermits

the xenia didn't agree with him so now twinkie loves his mushroom :happyfish

richarl5

Originally Posted by mkzimms
the xenia didn't agree with him so now twinkie loves his mushroom :happyfish

:joy: Twinkie is very cute! What happened with him and the xenia?
-Lisa

mkzimms

Twinkie is very cute! What happened with him and the xenia?
he tried to live in the xenia but it didn't like being touched and always closed up on him. now he's being "semi-hosted" by the mushroom. twinkie is happy, but i don't think the mushroom really understands....or cares.
the twinkster does a good job of keeping the hermits from trampling the mushroom so it doesn't end up scarred like my other one. just the other night he pushed one off the smaller hermits right off that rock.

rad

dood sweet mushroom. Ive been looking for a watermelon or something along those lines for a while with no luck. for some reason there just not where I am. I am envious. nice tank.

mkzimms

the bubbly mushroom is some sort of ricordia... i went to my LFS to pick up some rubble to put these xenia on and i saw him hanging out on the bottom of their clam tank next to an $150 rock of mushrooms. asked the guy to give me a price for the solo mush, $20 and it was starting to split in the store. its been about a week, he hasn't completely split but hes got two mouths so hes on his way.

monalisa

LOL!! I love Twinkie trying to get that 'shroom to host. Great looking tank. Maybe as your xenias spread they'll be a little more willing to invite Twinkie in...Twinkie..I love that name for a clown!!

More pics!! Great job!!
Lisa :happyfish