few updated tank pics and hopefully id on pic 2

bigarn

Originally posted by ricky1863
i was hoping someone could id the coral in pic 2

Looks like a torch. :D

ricky1863

that is a problem it never closes that is how it looks day and night it has grown since i had it came on some live rock

ricky1863

Originally posted by ViPeR_930
I don't think #2 is a torch. Can you get a pic of it when it's closed?

sorry spoke to soon guess i have not been looking to close here is one at night with flashlight

yosemite sam

Nice tank! Were the corals in #2 hitch hikers? I just found them in the overall tank picture. How big is each head? They don't seem very big. I don't think it's a torch either. Cool, though.

ricky1863

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam
Nice tank! Were the corals in #2 hitch hikers? I just found them in the overall tank picture. How big is each head? They don't seem very big. I don't think it's a torch either. Cool, though.

each head is a little bigger than a quarter and yes they were hitchhikers under the actinics and the moonlight the tips glow green

bigarn

Originally posted by _Eric_3
Picture #2 is a galaxy coral.(Has many other names as well)

Hmm :thinking:
Looking closer ..... I think Eric got it nailed! :D

ricky1863

Originally posted by _Eric_3
Here is a picture of my galaxy.

wow that pic is awesome the ones in my tank were so small when i got them that you could barely notice them but they have grown a lot is there anything special i should know about these corals

_eric_3

That is a picture of a small colony that I have in the tank. I think the rock is about 6x4.
You want to make sure you space these colonies away from other sessile invertebrates. Their stinging sweeper tentacles are long and deliver a real wallop to animals that can't move away.(Including other corals as well)
Also give them medium flow. No need to feed them either.(Light is the best for Galaxy)
Water changes will give them what they need also.
I placed mine in the middle front corner of my reef.