fiber optics in the tank?

we notice this thing last night coming out of the LR not quite sure what it is though. i have attached the best pic that i could get of it. ( Sorry for the poor quality) The best discription that i can give is that the feelers that come out with it reminds me of the fiber optic flashlights from the circus.
It appears to be a filter feeder of some kind and was just wondering if it looks familiar to any of you.
Barnaclegirl :confused:

sammystingray

flabelligerid maybe? It's the only worm I know of that has the "rainbow" effect.....here's the whole thing....last I heard.....little is known about them, but it is suspected, as you thought, that they filter feed and are harmless.....excellent find in my opinion.

sammystingray

You know......I have been here for years now, and I have seen thousands and thousands of posts.....I think these guys came up maybe like three times in all that time.....doesn't seem to be very common.....I get the feeling they don't do very well in home tanks, and I personally would get a few good pics if it were me.....might never get another one.