fighting conch injured

40 galons

I usually swap my conch in and out of my display tank into my refugium, today i noticed that a gorilla crab that i had put in there a while ago had gotten ahold of the conch , after i got it out i noticed that the crab had apparently taken the trunk off. will this grow back or is the conch doomed to starve?

fishgeek01

i do not know for sure if it will grow back or not, but certainly being the way that it eats this guy is in for a long ride ahaed. Has it eaten since that happened that you know of? I would like to hope for the best as i am usually optimistic, but in this case i would say that its chances are very slim.... but that it only my opinion. i had a large one about 7 inches when i sold it, but never had any problems like this before

40 galons

its pretty small , it was only about a hlf and inch when i first bought it , its maybe a little over an inch now, its pretty healthy besides its mouth is now gone

ninjamini

Please let us know if it grows back. I think that it wont and it wont survive but thats a guess. Let us know the outcome.

40 galons

the conch is still alive and i may be crazy, but i dont think i am, but i think the conch is capable of regrowing its mouth. when i pulled the crab off it and put it in the main display there was pus and mucus comming off this thing like crazy. i dont want to be wrash and say that i no for sure that the mout was take off but i can say that it sure looked like it to me. now that i have seen the conch eating its trunk is 1/4 th of the size it has been and also used to be dark greyish-white looking , now its solid white.i dont wat to get on here and make an acusation about something i have no proof on ( just that i feel almost positive) the conch may have been scared and had its trunk retracted for the time.I dont no? but im just glad that its alive, and back to cleaning my sand
it was getting messy in there