Fighting for his life!

nemo1234

I have 2 blue devil damsels. When I got them, they came from the same store, same tank and all. Pet store says they should be fine together. My tank is a 29 gallon, and they are the only fish in there. That same day we got them, one completly beat up the other when I was gone, now the hurt one has been fighting for his life since Thursday night.
I hate to take him out because he still is active swimmer, but sometime ends up bottoms up for a short time... I think he is giving up. I do have them on seperate sides of the tank though, I got a tank divider and seperated them to. That other fish also ate my peppermint shrimp too. Is there anything else that I can do?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by nemo1234
http:///forum/post/2487975
I have 2 blue devil damsels. When I got them, they came from the same store, same tank and all. Pet store says they should be fine together. My tank is a 29 gallon, and they are the only fish in there. That same day we got them, one completly beat up the other when I was gone, now the hurt one has been fighting for his life since Thursday night.
I hate to take him out because he still is active swimmer, but sometime ends up bottoms up for a short time... I think he is giving up. I do have them on seperate sides of the tank though, I got a tank divider and seperated them to. That other fish also ate my peppermint shrimp too. Is there anything else that I can do?
Not realy, just wait and see if he pulls through. If he does and starts eating again then you can add vitamins to his food to boost his immune system and help him heal quicker. You may want to consider getting rid of one of them. Damsels are aggressive, there is no way around that.

nemo1234

i'm not really sure that one is gonna make it. I think he has finnaly gave up, and just slowly dying. I wished he wouldn't though, now that I got them seperated from each other. You think vitamins could help now, or you think that might be a waste?

nemo1234

i've never had to give fish vitamins... what forms do that come in... do they come in liquid form, so that I can just put it in the water? He is not eating....

sepulatian

Originally Posted by nemo1234
http:///forum/post/2488668
i've never had to give fish vitamins... what forms do that come in... do they come in liquid form, so that I can just put it in the water? He is not eating....
Vitamins are liquid, but they have to be soaked into the food. If he is not eating then there is little chance of getting the vitamins to him. I am sorry.