FIGHTING!

buddy

I HAVE A 125G AND JUST BOUGHT A LUNARE WRASSE I HAD FOUR DAMSILS IN THE TANK ALREADDY THEY ARE FIGHTING. SHOULD I TAKE THE DAMSILS OUT I TRIED ALLREADY BUT COULD NOT CATCH THEM,OR WILL THE WRASSE KILL THEM SO I DONT HAVE TO CATCH THEM?

liongirl

Damsels are really hard to catch, i have found that the best way is to use two nets. Preferably one big net and one smaller one. You can just lure the damsels into the big net by holding the big net still and herding them in with the smaller net. And if you are thinking of getting anymore expensive fish, you will want to get rid of the damsels now because they will stress out your more expensive fish. GOOD LUCK!!

buddy

SO YOU ALL DONT THINK THE LUNARE WRASSE WILL DOMINATE OVER THE DAMSILS? THEY NEXT ADDITION NEXT WEEK WILL BE NIGER TRIGGER AND A WEEK AFTER THAT WILL BE HUMA TRIGGER. I THOUGHT SOONER OR LATER THEY WILL DISAPPEAR!!

dugan

Well it's possible the damsels will get killed... but why would you want to let that happen? You're setting up your tank to be a stressful environment all around if you just let them all fight it out. It's also pretty mean, if you ask me.
Get 'em out, use the 2 net technique mentioned above. Get a really big net like the LFS's use.
Katie

lcc

You should get the damsels out. If there is an area in your tank that is clear of rock and such from front to back you can use a clear piece of plexiglass about 1/4 inch thick and as wide as the tank from front to back. This will separate the damsels from the rest of the tank and make it a lot easier to catch them. Two nets is good idea also.
I have heard of people after cycling their tanks with damsels spending hours trying to catch them. The big mistake is that if you are going to use damsels in a fish only tank to cycle have only the live sand or your CC in the tank and add the rocks later. It might not look good but it is easy to catch the damsels. I have also caught damsels by feeding flake and while they are eating I have netted them from behind. Good luck. But I would not habve the damsels killed off by the new fish. That is not what this hobby is about.