Fiji in Trouble ?

treble

You guys seem to be more knowledgable in general then the fish ddiscussion people so I thought I would give my problem a try here. Fiji Blue Spot Puffer seems stressed, hes been in the tank for about three weeks. He started to act stressed about 3 days ago. Hes not coming out except when I am around or feeding time, his colors seem to be dimmed. Changes I have made in the 3 days are a new power sweep powerhead, natures ocean 10lbs LS, and thats about it!!! I dont think those would stress him out. Some guys in the Fish forum said water levels so I checked all those, everything is ok, Nitrates are up to 25ppm (probably from the sand) from 15ppm, no biggy. pH was 8.0 and alk was 7dkh, I added some buffer to bring it up to par. Hmmmmmmmm I got an idea, what if my dkh kit is crazy? I did add buffer 3 days ago and maybe the water became too soft, the kit was telling me 4dkh and all my fish seemed fine and alive then. Maybe if the kits not crap then they have acclimated to 4dkh and like it??? I am shooting blanks here guys, need backup !

grouperhead

What other fish are in the tank? How are they acting? Have you seen any fish harassing the puffer? Any outward signs of disease or scratching? Bo