Fiji Jewel Lyretail Anthias

donna2933

Can someone tell me what this fish will eat? I just got it 3 days ago and it will not eat flake or frozen brine shrimp. I don't know a lot about these fish and need so help with more information about them.
Thanks
Donna

jimi

My lyretail anthias eats brine,mysis,prime reef and some flake. They do best in schools but mine is now alone after losing two of his companions to I think lack of nutrition last summer. All they would eat was brine but he is fine by himself now.

donna2933

Jimi
Do you feed your anthias fronzen brine shrimp? I don't think my *** store has live brine shrimp.
Thanks

jimi

Mine eats frozen brine but even better mysis and prime reef which is finely chopped seafood. What he really loves is when I clean the prefilters in my overflow towers I pick a few of the pods offf the sponge and put them in the open water. He sucks them up before they get a chance to swim an inch. He was eating well at my lfs I hope you saw yours eat at your lfs before you bought it. Also I feed mine two or three times a day.

donna2933

Does feeding your anthias three times a day not make your nitrate level high? He is finally eating brine shrimp, plankton & frozen silver sides. When I put this in the tank it goes everywhere and my other fish eat it also but I'm affraid that my nitrate will go off the chart. My nitrate level usually stays at 10PPM and wish it was lower so I sure don't want it higher.
Thanks