Fiji rock quality from SWF?

fishead

Ive got cheap rock with nothing on it ($6 a lb at lfs) and display quality rock with plants and lots of hard red algy ($12 local) wanting to add more rock but want quality. cant find pics of fiji rock from SWF. seems like good deal. is it?

safaripilot

I ordered 50# from SWF to cycle my tank and was happy with it. Most of the stuff died off in the cycle; however, the purple coaline algae has made a dramatic comeback. Now that my tank is cycled I am going to add another 50# to complete the setup.

coralfishg2

the rock is very nice, but remember it is transhiped. which means that it hasen't actually been in water for a while. so you definitly need to cure it...I just got 45pds from ffexpress and was very happy with it. If you do get the transhiped rock it all comes from the same person. his name is walt smith...I don't remember the web site, but he has one..you can do a search and find out everthing about his rock. ffexpress, saltwaterfish, there are a ton of company's that use his rock.

jakob4001

have seen nothing but good things posted about SWF.com's LR, but $200 is a little bit pricey...shop around more; usually there are at least online retailers that have decent rock 45-50 lbs for $99 plus S&H...now if S&H is way out of range than SWF is good buy

mab

I just got some live rock from Gulf-Coast based on recommendsations on this board. I got the deco grade ($5/lb + 40 shipping). Absolutely incredible! - best rock I have ever seen anywhere, at any price. This stuff arrived full of multicolor coraline and coral growth everywhere and smeling very clean (cured). My highest recommendation.

Has anyone ordered from Jeff's exotic fish? I am considering them. I got my first 50 lbs from SWF.com and was very pleased with it. It was just LR no interesting growth, no hitch hikers. It is pretty rock though.

jakob4001

hey Mab how much did you order from them? what kind of life did it have on it??? I know thye "claim" to have all kinds of "extra" life on that rock. even sometimes small coral colonies...