Film across the top of the water!!!

T

tizzo

Cause it's a "dead spot"
"That's" where a powerhead would come in handy.

dstoneburg

Ok, I have two hydro koralias #4's and the return from sump which is a rio 2500. Ive adjusted flow everywhere and there is still the film. Ask anyone, thats PLENTY of flow.

T

tizzo

Your tank has plenty of flow. I'm not arguing with that. But that one specific spot, if it's the only spot with protein buildup, is a dead spot. That film can be moved. It can be pushed out of that corner and into your overflow. Protein is a touchable tangible substance.

dstoneburg

Originally Posted by dstoneburg
Ok, I have two hydro koralias #4's and the return from sump which is a rio 2500. Ive adjusted flow everywhere and there is still the film
. Ask anyone, thats PLENTY of flow.
^^

T

tizzo

what I think is happening is that corner for some reason isnt getting the flow to get the film into my overflow. Anyone know why?
Just my opinion, maybe you'll get others.

groupergenius

Ok, I have two hydro koralias #4's and the return from sump which is a rio 2500. Ive adjusted flow everywhere and there is still the film. Ask anyone, thats PLENTY of flow.
So...why ask?? Sounds like you have the remedy.

Sorry to come across as a smart*** but, YOUR NOT LISTENING!!!!!!!
All of us have had this problem at one time or another. Get that top layer of water moving. With a few bubbles bouncing in works best.

topfins-mj

I remedied that by moving my overflow away from the corner but not too far to avoid deadspots, then made sure the overflow was not clogged or that teeth that let the water drip down was cleaned of debris, finally, I managed to agitate the water surface with one or more of the power heads. Once I did this, my film problems went away.