Filter or no filter? That is the question

F

fishkid1000

I am still wondering if I have a good skimmer and power heads do i need a filter?

ryebread

It is up to how well your tank is running. I would maybe put a sponge filter over your powerheads and that will take care of some of the stuff. A small filter will contribute to more water movement which is almost always good.

j21kickster

what size tank are you running? Power filters are, for the most part, only good for carbon use and water movement- a sponge covered power head does about the same thing- and many people dont run carbon and have awsome tanks- just something to think about0 but i would advise a skimmer- but by no means do you HAVE to have one

danrw84

ive got a 29 gal..
i want to know if i can convert my aquaclear 300 to a little refiguim..take out the media and add LS and LR rubble...what do you think ryebread?
Should i do this with just a small little aquaclear 150...and keep the 300 to filter? it pulls out alot of crap! the floss is always brown.
dan

danrw84

just to let everyone know..i got this avatar from some professional photographer...blow up the pic, and look in the bottom right hand corner
it says "ryebread"
that way i'll remember who to go to for more!!
thanks rye! lol
Ive got about 35-40 lbs of LR in the tank right now ... 40 lbs LS...
would this be benificial?

dave espi

danrw84 reiterated
ive got a 29 gal.I want to know if i can convert my aquaclear 300 to a little refiguim..take out the media and add LS and LR rubble

pointless. flowrate is to high. you can do it, but you could also train an elephant to fart on command....
but why would you bother.
If it is woking and pulling crap out of the water, dont monkey with it. If ya want a fuge, get one. CPR or Eco-system make nice ones.