filter

mickeyd

I think sump i really don't know someone mentioned it to me because i just got a 125 gallon tank. looking for filter

michaeltx

IMO the best filtration is going to be a combination of plenty of LR and sand with a sump or refugium for macro algaes and rock rubble and a good protein skimmer, with good water movement its about all you really need.
What are your plans for the tank though FOWLR, FO, or Reef setup?
Mike

mickeyd

I purchased a 125 gallon tank. A man mentioned a flter he said the name of this filter but i didn't understand the name. Think I did hear the word sump. He said something like plants instead of balls. hope this helps

mickeyd

i think sump don't know. Just remember him mentioning plants instead of balls i bought a 125 gallon filter wanted a filter but now don't know which is best mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

michaeltx

sump is more than likely what he was refering to a refugium os similar but usually a smaller scale and usually just for macros and pod breeding areas whereas a sump will house all the equipment for the tank aswell.
Mike

mickeyd

What size for a 125 gallon tank. It comes with a protein skimmer. I need a pump right. Where should I get all this. good price. ---- or look around.