FilterGuys RO/DI?

ccfl

Love mine, great price, fast shipping, just email them your setup and they will recommend whats best and any questions too they are VERY fast on all email replys!!!

ccfl

Originally Posted by PUFFY_FISH
Do you have to get the replacement filters from them or can you use other brands???
Great question, I order one extra of each filter when I got it so I'm not sure if other brands fit, I have only had mine for about 4 months so havent had the need yet to change the filters.

So for someone who doesn't know anything about RO/DI systems can you explain all the extra accessories that they try to sell i mean i just wanna make 30 gallons a week for my water changes but what is all this stuff and what does it do and what do i really need? ADD ONS:
PRESSURE GAUGE KIT - $12
MEMBRANE FLUSH VALVE - $10
RO BYPASS VALVE $12
DUAL TDS METER - $35
DUAL DI SYSTEM - E-MAIL FOR PRICING
100 GPD FILMTEC MEMBRANE OPTIONAL - $5
$14.00 - CHLORAMINE FILTER UPGRADE

mie

PRESSURE GAUGE KIT - $12- Tells you your pressure (for pressurized storage tanks)
MEMBRANE FLUSH VALVE - $10- Not sure (sorry)
RO BYPASS VALVE $12- Again not sure (sorry)
DUAL TDS METER - $35 - measures your "Total Dissolved Solids" How much heavy metals are in the water (please correct if needed)
DUAL DI SYSTEM - E-MAIL FOR PRICING- De ionizing Chamber, not all people use this. (it de ionize's the water)
100 GPD FILMTEC MEMBRANE OPTIONAL - $5-Different mambranes produce more amounts of water per day.
$14.00 - CHLORAMINE FILTER UPGRADE-Never heard of it.

Originally Posted by mie
PRESSURE GAUGE KIT - $12- Tells you your pressure (for pressurized storage tanks)
MEMBRANE FLUSH VALVE - $10- Not sure (sorry)
RO BYPASS VALVE $12- Again not sure (sorry)
DUAL TDS METER - $35 - measures your "Total Dissolved Solids" How much heavy metals are in the water (please correct if needed)
DUAL DI SYSTEM - E-MAIL FOR PRICING- De ionizing Chamber, not all people use this. (it de ionize's the water)
100 GPD FILMTEC MEMBRANE OPTIONAL - $5-Different mambranes produce more amounts of water per day.
$14.00 - CHLORAMINE FILTER UPGRADE-Never heard of it.
So do i even need any of these accessories? Or can i do just fine without them

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Pimpin Chirp
So for someone who doesn't know anything about RO/DI systems can you explain all the extra accessories that they try to sell i mean i just wanna make 30 gallons a week for my water changes but what is all this stuff and what does it do and what do i really need? ADD ONS:
PRESSURE GAUGE KIT - $12
MEMBRANE FLUSH VALVE - $10
RO BYPASS VALVE $12
DUAL TDS METER - $35
DUAL DI SYSTEM - E-MAIL FOR PRICING
100 GPD FILMTEC MEMBRANE OPTIONAL - $5
$14.00 - CHLORAMINE FILTER UPGRADE
They are just some different system toys. Personally I have one of their filters, and it works fine. Have the RO bypass Valve, it is basically a T connector so you don't have water going thru the DI portion of the filter. This is so you can drink the water. If it is too clean it is presumed that the ultra-pure water will absorb nutrients in your body. I drink the RO water it tastes wonderful!
I also bought the dual TDS meter.
You might consider buying it from melevs reef. He puts it all together for you and it costs about the same price. And from the filters guys. It has about all you really need. Melev doesn't like the membrane flush valve. And it comes with the 100 gph membrane and I have a tds reading of 0.
If you order directly from the filter guys, make sure you order little c clamps along with it they don't include that with the setup.

drpaul84

just got my filter (Well got it yesterday) nice xmas gift for myself!!! came early and im so excited i just set it up, extremely easy to do! making my first batch right now! sucks i just did a water change but oh well time to give the fishies some RO/DI water no more tap water lol

wangotango

Originally Posted by PUFFY_FISH
Does anyone know if you can use other brands to replace the filters? Maybe people don't know.
As far as I know, the filters are pretty much universal. You might as well order replacements from them. Everything that you would need is included in a package for like $45. Best price I've seen.
-Justin

rden07

Just got mine from the filterguys would highly recommend this place am very pleased with the product received and the help received
rd

stdreb27

Originally Posted by WangoTango
As far as I know, the filters are pretty much universal. You might as well order replacements from them. Everything that you would need is included in a package for like $45. Best price I've seen.
-Justin
yeah, and its cheaper if you want to repack your Resin tube.