Filtering and skimming

polka

Hello, I have a 40 gal f/o with two powerheads in each far corner. I also have a skillter 250 which I only use as a filter, and I also have a seaclone skimmer. The question is, What would you recommend to upgrade the filtering part of my setup also would I be further ahead to go with a bak-pak system. The tank has been up and running about a year. I recently had a tragedy when I lost power and the intake on the filter lost it's cover. When the power came back on my neon dottyback was sucked up into the filter. I can't take another chance like that again. Thank you for your help!!

polka

I have crushed coral. I had an undergravel filter, but I took it out as it was making a mess of the tank. I also just found out that my husband want to replace the carpeting. If I remove appox. 10-15 gal in order to move tank temporarily and then return the water back into tank, will I hurt the levels or the fish or do you have another solution.
Thank you.

mr . salty

8.5-8.7,something like that.But the water should be fine. A good way to relocate your tank would be a large(NEW) plastic storage tub or trash can. Move the water a bucket at a time to the new container.leave enough water in the tank to cover the substrate.Then put the filter in the trash can with the fish till the carpet is done.Then move it back.