Final Fish Suggestions???

brodweiser13

Currently in the 55 I have:
1 Coral Beauty
1 Citron Clown Goby
1 Royal Gramma
2 Percula Clows
I'd like to add one more fish that's active and swims around alot. Other than the Coral Beauty, the others either stay somewhat hidden or stay in one general area. Any suggestions? Or have I maxed out at what I should put in?

joojoo

Is it a reef or fowlr? If you don't have a huge invert population, a toby puffer would be cool.

brodweiser13

I do have inverts - BTA, two brittle stars, and lots of crabs and snails. Are there certain inverts to be of concern with?
Also a couple of very small frags - zoos and green star polyps.

nicetry

I'd suggest one of the flasher wrasses. McCoskers are gorgeous. You could go with something a bit larger like a fairy wrasse too. Very colorful and active.

joojoo

I think the biggest concern with Puffers and inverts is shrimp. They will probably poke and prod at snails and hermits, but they have a shell to hide in.

kanicky

As always I will point you in the direction of the Midas Blenny (see my avatar for a cute pic.) They are not only beautiful, but they are also extremely active. Mine swims around the front of my tank like he's King.
You would fall in love instantly

joojoo

Originally Posted by BrandonCena
put a yellow tang in they swim all the time and are an AWSOME fish
This is bad advice for a 55 gallon tank.

brodweiser13

I'd love to put in a tang, but that will have to wait for a bigger tank. I really like the looks of the toby puffer, I may have to check out the LFS to see which ones have them.

katiev

Originally Posted by BrandonCena
put a yellow tang in they swim all the time and are an AWSOME fish
This coming from someone who has a yellow tang and hippo in a 29g.
Aaaanyway, I would definitely nicetry's wrasse suggestion. There are a lot to pick from. If you want an active fish, I'd go with a wrasse. The toby puffer idea is cool -- some are known to pick on inverts and long, pretty fish fins more than others. I'm getting a valentini puffer when my 55 is set up (I don't mind replenishing my inverts every so often).

torno

You could try one of the smaller butterfly species, they're colorful and swimmers. Just need to get one through quarantine. *sighs* :notsure:

oak

I saw some Lunare Wrasse's the other day and they were very actice and often in full veiw and Firefish are also very nice but I don't know the minimum tank size yet or anything else about the Lunare Wrasse.

torno

Lunare. Wrasses. Are.

[hr]
They will terrorize all your fish, eat all the food, and smile while doing it.

joojoo

Firefish aren't really active, they just float and flick their fins... but they're still cool, lol.