Finally finished my DIY sump/refugium, scrubber and pvc overflow

phoenix73

Thanks to many people and threads on the forum, I finally have a functioning sump/refugium in my garage through on the other side of a wall. My tank is 150G and flush against the wall with no room for an overflow.
I made a 48" x 18" x 20" sump with 24" x 10" x 20" sump inside it out of 3/8" acrylic. Then I made a turf scrubber out of mirrored 1/4" acrylic with a separate chamber in the center protected from 4 18w CF lights. The whole assembly sits on top of the refugium and draws water from the sump.
Finally, I have a 3/4" PVC overflow running through the wall. It draws about 500 gal/hr based on the head specs on the return pump. I still have my cannister filter running throught the wall currently, at least until I can build another overflow for redundancy.
It all works without leaks, but I can't asses the scrubber etc yet since it has only just been connected.
Here are a couple of pics.
Obviously I have some cleaning up to do and I need to work on my lighting, but at least it all works.

120reefer

wow.... with that size sump/fuge, an AquaC EV series skimmer AND a turf filter going... your ready to go
P.S. - AquaC FTW

phoenix73

This is what happens when you learn that you should have done MUCH more research before buying.
I never thought that I would want anything other than a FOWLR, so the cannister was great for a couple of years... then came the urges.

then the puchases... all leading up to trying to correct my original errors of non-drilled tank and putting the tank too close to the wall.